Sunday, July 11, 2010

hair.




So ... I'm a little bit obsessed. My friends in high school used to joke that I got my hair done every week, which a.) wasn't true and b.) kinda portrays how obsessive I really was. I learned how to do up-dos and properly use a curling iron by like age 12. I made a little business out of it even, doing my sister's office girls' hair for galas and homecoming/prom and fair queen contests.

My hair used to look like this, on any given day...
Perfect blonde highlights and straightened bangs.

Now that I'm in college, it's like a miracle if I even wear my hair down Monday-Friday. Or it's not covered by a hat (a college kid's best friend, trust me).

But one thing I still do live by is quality hair products. I'm always (sub)consciously searching for new products, but I currently love Big Sexy Hair Back Comb in a Bottle & Root Pump Plus mousse. For those of us that straighten our hair, it really really helps give you volume and shine and both really help when us show girls are working a poof! I'm also currently using AirControl Aveda Hairspray, which smells like Christmas. I know that sounds wild, but Ireally like it, and it holds really well. For the rest of you hair product junkies, let me know if there's anything big I'm missing!

My obsession with Aveda came from my hair salon in Manhattan, GAiA. Where a fellow aggie
Britni Beck cuts my hair as well as a LOT of College of Ag girls too. I am SUPER SUPER excited to see her next Saturday when I go back to the 'Hat for some friend time and a cut & highlight with Britni. :)

I let Britni dye my hair darker than my natural color like this ... (hi, Michael, miss you bunches)

And as recently as May, I let her chop about 5 inches off my hair, and I now have highlights in just the front and hidden a little bit. I'm actually very happy with it, although certain individuals named Callie Williams insist I go back blonde blonde blonde. But nahh, I'm gonna stay with this ... until I get bored.

Present hair looks like this..
Thoughts on changes? They may or may not be honored.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty sure it's pouf. Like, the snooki pouf. right?

    Miss you too

    Um...interesting hair. I'm with Callie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you...the blonde hair brings makes your blue eyes POP! P.S. I really should have you do my hair product shopping...I'm so in the dark...maybe that is why my hair hates me 9/10 days and I haven't straightened it in God knows how long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. michael, don't ever call me snooki.

    ReplyDelete