Monday, August 30, 2010

Fellowship

It's no secret that I love people. I enjoy quality conversation, and learning where people come from --- why they act the way they do --- and just getting an inside look into their world. I think by asking a few questions you can learn a lot about a person.

But FIRST, I am a huge sucker for a quality handshake. Don't skirt around, please just grab my hand, look me in the eye, and repeat my name. This makes it easier for me to remember you, and more than likely talk to you again and smile at you when I see you out and about.

After this initial handshake, I'll ask the individual where they're from. People here in Kansas are usually surprised to hear I'm from Indiana and then the conversation carries on from there.

If the hometown option doesn't work, I then usually ask them about their occupation. Coming from a diverse background, I like to think I can talk about anyone about practically anything...

Again, if that doesn't work say something about your surroundings, their outfit, etc. Remember to shy away from yes or no questions and instead focus on "why," "how," or "what" starting words.

These few rules have served me well so far, and I hope they'll work for you too.

peace&love.

No comments:

Post a Comment